Wednesday 27 April 2011

Speaking from Experience: The Science of Sleep.



One of the most intricately made and creative films I have ever seen, visionary director Michel Gondry's 'The Science of Sleep' is a feast for the eyes- crammed with dream-like concepts and aesthetics the film has been a constant source of inspiration for the endless limits of the power of hand craft design. 
The film is loosely based around the director's reacurring dreams and the concept of lucid dreams- when you can control the dream, and it blends into reality- not always sure of where the divide between the imagined and the reality lies.

I love the blend of naturally-housed found items for the set, along with hand-crafted pieces, with such a high quality of design craft that they work so naturally along side- really inspiring stuff. Handmade is definately the way for me, I'd love to work on more crafting for my project design- what that is yet, however, I'm not too sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment