Tuesday 25 October 2011

Design Production for Print//Minimal Movie Posters.




A selection of great minimal movie posters from the hugely popular tumblr blog of the same name. Feeling slightly lost in terms of design (visual) direction, I felt it would be a good idea to see existing poster and promotional designs for a source of inspiration. Because of the styalised nature of Wes' films, I think a minimal design (or, at very least, clean and crisp) would be suited- maintaining a strong visual consistency and identity.
Although the vast majority of these designs are vector-based, I feel that Wes' films will be best represented photographically, though I am still interested in iconography and being able to use simplistic imagery to visually represent his films in an engaging and appropriate way. More experimentation definitely needed! For my design developments in the forthcoming days, visit my Design Practice blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment