Saturday 21 January 2012

Image//Type as Image//I wish I could//Calligraphic & Script Typefaces.



(Images sourced from various links on Google Images)

One of the immediate visual reactions I had to the quote, 'I wish I could' (as previously mentioned on the 'Cinderella' Design Context post) was to create a highly-intricate and elegant calligraphic illustrative type- Champignon and Chopin being two of the most commonly used calligraphic typefaces (available as vector downloads). With a great deal of embellishment and decorative extension to the letterforms in terms of the stroke, ascenders and descenders- as shown below, are some of my favourite examples of illustrative, calligraphic type- and a source of inspiration for the type that I myself would like to go on to create- and hopefully, will be able to develop my own personal typeface and style for my design outcome and devlopment- more information of which can be found on my Design Practice blog throughout the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment