Saturday 21 January 2012

Image//Type as Image//Birds//Sian Beeton.




For the past couple of years, I have been following, and have become a great fan of the illustrative work of Chelsea College of Art & Design Graphic Design graduate, Sian Beeton- whose detailed, fineliner sketches of birds have been of particular interest (along with many other great designs, visual outcomes, and methods of delivery)- I really love the fine detail style of her work, full of tactile details and texture with a great dedication to scale, proportion and distinct aesthetic qualities of the birds.

For my own design outcome, creating illustrative type for the quote 'It certainly has nothing to do with the number of birds' I imagined re-creating a style quite like Sian's to fill my letterforms with the illustrative detail of British birds- highly delicated and intricate, hopefully I'll have time to pull off the design before next week's deadline.






No comments:

Post a Comment