Saturday 21 January 2012

Image//Type as Image//I wish I could//Taschen Book of Fairy Tales.



 (All images sourced from various links on Google Images)

Last year, my favourite publishing house, 'Taschen' released a new publication- their version of 'The Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm', collaborating with a series of illustrators and designers to put together a lavishly designed, beautifully illustrated book, which I myself have been hoping to buy a copy for a while now. 
Again- another great source of inspiration for my own work- the type a little bolder, once again, than I had previously imagined myself creating for this design- but still very decorative and intricately designed- I love the papercut illustrations too- the shadow affect works really well in contrast with the flash of the bold spot colours- definitely something to consider- screenprinting or vinyl cutting are definitely going to be the methods of delivery that I consider in my design- the vinyl cutting would be great for the really embellished letterforms in terms of getting a really crisp, neat cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment