Friday 27 January 2012

Image//Scale/Frame/Format//Paul Smith socks.



Again, one of my initial thoughts, when receiving the word/object 'socks' as my given design feature for the Scale/Frame/Format brief was the designer, Paul Smith, famous for his repeat-pattern stripe print in various colours for men. I felt that creating a branded design for the current range of designs this season would be great in terms of exploring the different weights of line/colours and fabrics within the range. However, on receiving the project brief, I came to realise that it wouldn't be possible to execute very well with the one colour plus stock limitations.
However, it is something I would definitely like to consider pursuing as my own personal project once I have completed this week's brief- could be a great way to consider how I use colour, shape and texture within my design practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment