Thursday 22 March 2012

Image//Image FMP//Stan Chow Illustration.



http://www.stanleychowillustration.com/


One of my major inspirations, for this project, as well as with my design practice in general, is Manchester-based designer Stan Chow, whose vector-based illustrations have been commissioned by companies all over the world (such as an editorial illustration project for BT).
I think that the style of Stan's work would be perfect for the fun, informal, yet editorial-like style of his work would be perfect for my own design intentions. I really admire how distinctive his character design is- a bold, simple, clean vector style which works very well in both print and web based design- and something that I would love to work towards creating myself. 
I first found Stan's work whilst developing illustrations for my 'Design Production for Print'/ Wes Anderson film festival module at the beginning of the year when I was researching pictures of Margot Tenenbaum when researching 'The Royal Tenenbaums'- with so much filmic inspiration and focus, Stan's portfolio of work, in terms of my development for this project, couldn't get much more appropriate.


No comments:

Post a Comment