Friday 20 April 2012

Image//Image FMP//Iconic film posters.



Researching a selection of iconic film posters in order to help inspire ideas for the composition, layout and overal visual communication of my own designs for my Black Swan poster range, looking at film posters which, for me, have imbedded in my own memory for several reasons (of course, the iconic nature of the film itself certainly helps the poster design to stick in mind, by natural association). As shown below, the majority of the designs below are photographic, representing stills from the films, and this is something certainly worth considering with my own design experimentations- whether to stick to my more usual vector based design, or to use photographic screen grabs for the film to aid my designs. Also, typographic design considerations will be hugely important- shown in this research range, as it plays a huge influence on the character and messages portrayed within the film- whether it be the intense brutalism and edginess of Tarantino's 'Kill Bill', or the epic nature of James Cameron's 'Titanic'.



No comments:

Post a Comment