Saturday 28 April 2012

Design Practice II//Product/Range/Distribution//World Book Day.




Another consideration for my design developments throughout the Product/Range/Distribution brief is to combine my design outcomes and the rebrand for the Grimms Fairy Tales with one of the most popular events in the school calendar in the UK and Ireland, 'World Book Day', in 2012 celebrating it's fifteenth year, celebrates literature and a love of reading among children. 

The scheme consists of each child in participating school's recieving a voucher which entitles them to either £1 off any book costing over £2.99 in selected retailers (Waterstones, WH Smiths, etc) or any of the selected eight World Book Day books for FREE. A wonderful scheme and event which I always looked forward to as a child, and will fully support and encourage if/when I one day have my own children at school. 

But, perhaps, most importantly, the fact that each child was allowed to come to dressed up to school as their favourite fictional book character was a BIG deal (I was Tinkerbelle twice!). Definitely worth considering adding the promotional factor for World Book Day 2013 to my designs. Some really exciting possibilities I could explore in terms of the promotional design.

More design developments and considerations can be found on my Design Practice blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment