Sunday 17 October 2010

what is graphic design?


Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Promotional Film Poster
(dir. Michel Gondry)

Now, I may be a little biased (Eternal Sunshine...being my favourite film) but I love the concept behind this design.
Three of the main characters photgraphically portrayed with their eyes concealed by a "ripped effect" poster text revealing the "spotless mind" thoughts that the characters hold throughout the film.

The idea is really simple, but perfectly executed, and I think that the tactile look of the "ripped" paper with the photographic portraits.
I also like the brightness of the text- the yellow really drawing you in and grabbing your attention, and, of course, relative to the "eternal sunshine".

Totally inventive and inspiring, one of my favourite promotional film posters ever!

"appropriate, creative, obsessive, frustrating, organised, structured...design lives in the detail."

No comments:

Post a Comment