Sunday 17 October 2010

what is graphic design?



Anthony Zinonos, half of super-couple with Gemma Correll, is an experimental, paper crafts artist who is notable for his use of abstraction and geometric shapes.

I have been fascinated with Anthony's work for a long time- always unusually captivating.

Anthony's almost mathematical and technical style isn't usually my first port of call in terms of style, but I feel that his work has been instrumental in opening up my mind to new ideas, and seeing art and design in a whole new way.

I love the way he has combined techniques and materials in this promotional design for mini magazine for a chanel's men's fragrance 'bleu de chanel'- i love the landscape globe posing as the man's head- to me, an expression of a mindset of adventure and travel.

Really innovative and inspiring, I really love how Anthony's mind pours out onto the page...


"graphic design...is the effective deliver of a message, idea, or concept through the use of visual language."

No comments:

Post a Comment