Sunday 17 October 2010

what is graphic design?

[d'awww.]

Even as a cat-a-phobe, who could not fall in love with these adorable kitten illustrations from gemma correll's 'everybody's book of kittens' zine.

I have been both a fan of gemma's work, and a great admirer of fanzine's for a long time, so, for me, this really is the perfect combination. I cannot wait for the day when I have enough time and resources to create my own zine, and outpour my loves and interests into such an accessible and charmingly hand-made zine booklet such as this one.

I love the hand-crafted quality of zine's, often photocopied for mass production and distribution to the masses!
Due to this printing process, I think that gemma's sketchy, textures style works really well here, giving a really raw but charming aesthetic.

"graphic design...simple and effective."

No comments:

Post a Comment