Saturday 16 October 2010

what is graphic design?


For a long time, I have followed and been fanatical about the papercut craft works of Jonathan Chapman, again, just like aforementioned, Steph Baxter, previously unbeknownst to me, being a former LCA graphic design student!

consistently throughout art and design, I have always found myself extremely fond of paper cut crafts, and always have always been very jealous of the incredibly patient and talented people who create them!

I was really drawn to the ficticious Ikea promotion brief that Jonathan Chapman set about designing shown here- though of course I would be bias with an abiding devotion to ikea!

I love the bold simplicity, and the ikea colour scheme of royal blue and golden yellow is one of my favourite (representing the sweddish flag colours)- this is just perfect, clean cut, simple, but very, very effective.

ikea, take note! 


"appropriate, creative, obsessive, frustrating, organised, structured...design lives in the detail."


No comments:

Post a Comment