Sunday 17 October 2010

what is graphic design?


I have always found one of the most interesting aspects of graphics (and art in general) is the application process- in which situe the design is best placed, how versatile the piece can be- and I believe this example of adhesive bandages created by one of my favourite artists, Kate Sutton, is a fantastic example.

Design need not always have a purpose or function, but I think that it is always a massive advantage when it does, especially in unique or diverse ways, such as this.

I love Kate's distinctively playful, child-like, and colourful designs, and when printed upon an adhesive bandage like this, they are sure to raise a smile among any person with a poorly finger or "bashed" elbow.

Sweet, simple, and perfectly charming.

"graphic design...simple and effective."

No comments:

Post a Comment