Tuesday 14 February 2012

Image//Book Works Research//'Information is Beautiful'.



Through my research and design developments for the Image 'Book Works' brief, I am going to look at infographics, and how statistical data is portrayed through visual communication and graphic design in general. One of my favourite graphic design books, one of which I have used as a source of research for several design projects in the past is 'Information is Beautiful' by David McCandless which acts as a collective showcase for infographic design. Photographed and shown over this blog post are some of my favourite designs in the book- and a great source of inspiration for how I can display my own research into the psychology of the colour yellow- which is my main subject matter for the 'Book Works' project- of which design developments can be found on my Design Practice blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment