Tuesday 2 October 2012

Design Practice III//Negotiated Briefs//Orange Juice and Shredded Poster Designs.



Image Source

Going on to look at potential design outcomes for the 'Orange Juice 'Rip it Up' 2013' hyperthetical tour I will promote and brand as one of my projects in the OUGD301 module, I've had an idea, for quite a while, to look at tactile forms of design to visually communicate the 'Rip' in 'Rip it Up', as well as communicating the cut-n-paste style of the 1970's/1980's of Graphic Design with a punk influence in Britain, of which Orange Juice were such a part of.

One of my initial ideas is to explore paper shredding to visual represent the 'Rip' on a bold colour palette of orange and black (bold, uppercase serif typeface) for the brand identity of the tour and the proposed identity of the band itself. On this post, I've shown a few examples for inspiration, the top image ('Graphic Design Portfolio Review') being a particular favourite, and something that I'm really keen to start experimenting with throughout the range of product outcomes.

For future developments, see my Design Practice blog.


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source




Image Source


Image Source



No comments:

Post a Comment