Friday 12 October 2012

Design Practice III//Existing Ballet Logos.



Image Source

Researching various existing typographic logos for ballet society and professional ballet groups throughout the world. Throughout my branding for the University of Leeds Ballet Society (developments of which can be found on my Design Practice blog), one of the most challenging things I've found, especially within my image-influenced designs is in creating an original and conceptual logo, that doesn't look too cliche or obvious as some of the existing vector-based silhouette ballerina logos.

Shown above and below, some examples of strong, type- focused logo designs- I particularly like the design for the 'Flintwick' ballet school, which has a really cool American Apparel- esque look about it, in a really contemporary, simple and very effective outcome which really stands out from it's ballet school branded contemporaries.








No comments:

Post a Comment