Starting to consider, from the past few days/week of inductions and seminars a few topics I could pick for my 'Ten Most Important Considerations During The Print Process' manual (to be published via 'Issuu'). This is what I've considered so far...
* CMYK VS RGB
* THE CMYK GAMMUT
* PRINTING PROCESSES- WHAT IS THE MOST COST EFFECTIVE/SUITED FOR YOUR NEEDS?
* THE LANGUAGE OF PRINT- TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO
* PRINT FINISHES
* PROOFING AND ACCURATE PRODUCTION (REPROGRAPHICS)
* IMPOSITION- HOW TO GET YOUR MONEY'S WORTH
* PANTONES AND DIGITAL CMYK COVERSIONS- REMEMBER TO PRINT USING THE RIGHT METHODS!
* DIE CUTTING AND FINISHES
* REGISTRATION- HOW TO EXAMINE THE QUALITY OF YOUR PRINT (LINEN TESTERS, ETC)
Every other day for the next week or so, I will come back and edit or "tweek" the list where necessary, upon learning new factors and skills through seminars and workshops, before starting to produce my Issuu- ready PDF formatted manual design.