Tuesday 18 September 2012

Design Practice III//Negotiated Briefs//Urban Beekeeping.




For one of my ten negotiated briefs that I intend to write, and work upon throughout the first half of this academic year, is creating an Urban Beekeeping starter kit. With the population of honey bees in decline in Britain over the last few years, and with a natural interest in bees, and the aspiration to one day own my own hive, I felt this would be a great opportunity to research and learn about more about the practice of beekeeping, as well as promoting it to a much wider audience.

Throughout the brief I want to create a publication guide about urban beekeeping to demonstrate the simplicity and ease of owning a hive, whenever you may live, and whatever space you have accesible to you, as well as creating a starter pack of branded materials for all aspiring beekeepers, such as the hives, smokers, smocks, gloves, etc.

More research will be posted in the near future on my Design Context blog, whereas all design developments for the brief, along with the written brief itself, will be found on my Design Practice blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment