Friday 24 September 2010

what is graphic design?



Andrew Rae- UK based illustrator.

I'm sure, like many great events, my discovery of Andrew Rae's work was a complete accident.
I really love Andrew's versatile, oddball illustrative work- blending the ordinary with the plain bizarre to create a new sort of wonderful magic- his portfolio like a step into his imagination.

Although I could pick any of Andrew's work to reserach and describe with devotion and enthusiasm, I have recently discovered small samples of motion graphics on Andrew's website that I really would urge anyone to take a look at (see the link above!)


One of my favourite animation pieces in the short series in this scientist (above), whom in the original picture (top of the page) has short, flat hair with his hand by his side, but when he puts his hand on the electrical socket, his hair stands straight up on end!
Surely, one of my favourite things about Andrew's work is his sense of humour and perception of the quirky charm of life.
He has definately inspired my work, and I'm sure will continue to do so for a long time.

"graphic design...simple and effective."

No comments:

Post a Comment